pop!siteTM produces warning and error messages in the following format:
|filename(linenumber) : level number : message
- filename is the name of the file where the error (or warning) occurred
- linenumber is the line number at which the error (or warning) occurred
- level is the type of message:
- Fatal - An error has occurred that prevents further processing (e.g., out of memory)
- Error - An error in the pop!talkTM document
- Warning - A warning about the pop!talk document
- Info - An informational message
- Debug - Debugging information for Pragmatica (not normally visible to users)
- number is the message number
- message is the text of the message.
|macro.pt(2) : error 1069: No such object 'macro1'
Notice that 'macro1' is enclosed in single quotes. All variable information in a message
is enclosed in single quotes.
||Yeah, we know...
We know we need to have a complete inventory of all our messages with full explainations.
Until we get this up here, please contact us if you're having trouble with
one of our messages.
Errors in Server Generated Documents
Errors (warnings, etc.) encountered in server documents generate a page in the browser which includes
the messages and other relevant statistics.
Here's an example of such a page:
The server was unable to process your request. Please record
the following information and provide it to the administrator of this site:
Error and Warning Messages:
testing.ptx(3) : error 1069: No such object 'paulk'
testing.ptx(4) : error 1069: No such object 'ingrid'
testing.ptx(5) : error 1069: No such object 'sjkcpa'
- Current Date and Time: 16 July, 1996 19:02:40
- pop!site version information: pop!site Version 1.0A7
- Document file: c:\web\testing.pt
- Document timestamp: 12 July, 1996 15:39:51